Thursday, April 5, 2012

35-35-35-3.5

Today is an ultra special day.

This morning I stepped on the scale, and I was down 35 lbs.

My daughter weighs 35 lbs.

I am 35.

The walkway around out subdivision is 3.5 miles.


So, can you imagine what I did? That's right- I loaded my baby girl in the stroller and we took off for a 3.5 mile run.

My first run since surgery.

My first all out cardio since surgery.

(I am 7 weeks out)

And, I did it. Not only did I do 3.5 miles, I did 4.2. Mostly because Lily fell asleep and I didn't want to disturb her by stopping, but hey, I still did it!

I couldn't run the whole time. And a few months ago, that would have made me upset with myself.

Not today. Today I picked up my feet and put them down without a thought of how fast I was going, how far I was going, or of how long it would take.

I set my feet down one in front of the other today, enjoying the feeling of my body coming alive under it's own power, with the only goal being to finish.

And finish I did. Before I could even blink it was over. And I was sweaty and out of breath and completly joyful.

Starting weight 2.14.12- 229

Today's weight 4.5.12- 194