Thursday, November 13, 2008

I hate Emeril (yes, this is a rant)

Okay, so I am trying to keep my mind off of things with busy work. Ya know, cooking, cleaning, doing all things that are mindless. In the midst of moving the couch to vaccuum underneath it, I hear Emeril Live start up on the food network. I sit down to watch, hoping to come across a new recipe.

You ever watched this show? Oy. The guy is a total tool. Arrogant, totally lacking in any sort of humility, and downright obnoxious. In the course of ONE SHOW he must said "oh yeah babe" about 3000 times. And ya know what? The audience APPLAUDED him. Ummmmm, wha? So he sprinkles a little cayenne and says "oh yeah babe", and this is cause for a round of applause? Jeeeeeeesus.

So yeah, maybe I was just in a pissy mood. Maybe he is an all around good guy. Full of personality, sweet, kind. Hell, maybe he gives away his overspiced food to homeless orphans, I dunno. But I for one ain't buying what he's sellin. I'd like to give him a swift kick in the ass actually, just for having his own show and doing...ummmm...nothing. Good gosh- adding rosemary to a beef dish- revolutionary!!! Call the papers!!!! *eye roll*

Give me Mr Guy Fieri (yummy!), Rachael Ray (dinner in 30 mins- enough said!), or Paula Deen (she worships butter like I do) anyday over this waste of airtime. I seriously could not believe I wasted 30 minutes of my life on this dude and his recipes.

Emeril can take a flying leap off a panko encrusted plank in my opinion. Oh yeah babe.