Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trip to China

So, when Lily first was born, many many people asked if she was adopted.

No, seriously.

Actual conversation with a Wal-Mart checker:

"She look asian. She adopted?"

"Ummm, no. She's all mine."

"She don't look like yours. She looks asian."

" Well, if she's adopted, someone has alot of explaining to do to my vagina."

"Oh, you got her from China?"



One of Mark's friends-

"Damn Mark, you baby look mad asian."


My own aunt:

"She looks nothing like you!!! She looks foreign."



So, yeah, okay. This bothered me for a while, but I guess I could kinda see their point. I was relieved, however, when she grew out of it.

Then, a friend snapped a picture of Lily and I realized there may have been a mistake in the hospital:



Guess I knew what I was doing when I named her Lily.