Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dear Anonymous

Anonymous said...
Sounds like you need to be thanking the surgeon who cut most of your stomach off and made you stop being such a fatass. Ever thought about that one?

February 28, 2012 11:34 AM


Dear Anonymous,

Hi there. I just have a few quick words for you, and then we can part ways.

Thank you.

Thank you for showing me that in a moment within reading something that should have been devastating, I can feel...nothing. Nothing at all. No anger, or sadness. That I can freely call out to my Savior in the moment between the words and the feeling and can be protected from it.

Thank you for showing me that I have amazingly supportive friends, who not only comfort me but also pray for YOU. Such Godly women I have in my life- such blessings.

Thank you for being an exact example of where I have come from- from bitterness and anger and misery to where I am now.

See, the worst thing somebody used to be able to hurt me with was the word fat. It got under my skin, made me cry. It angered me and made me lash out.

But not anymore. I am more than just this body. I am more than these extra pounds, and more than what can be seen.

I am a child of God. I am loved. I am treasured. Despite anything I may think of myself, He tells me differently.

And it is true for you as well. You are loved. You are treasured. And you can give yourself over to this peace of knowing that you are accepted. You don't have to hurt people to feel good about yourself. And you don't have to injure to feel less pain about who you are.

You can just be you, and let God sweep change through your life. You can just be you and be loved. And you can let go of bitterness forever.

I am praying for you, anonymous. I am grateful to you for reminding me of an invaluable lesson that is easy to forget- that I am sheltered and protected and the words and pain of this world cannot double me over anymore.

I honestly have love for you, and pity for you. I pray that God changes your life like he has done mine.

Take care, and may God bless you richly.

In His Love,
Bella