Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm having one of those nights...

You know, when you feel like you could weep over any little thing?

I just had myself a good long cry. And if you asked me why, I couldn't tell you.

I miss Mark terribly. Yes, he's been gone 24 hours only, but I miss him.

I am simply worn out and tired from chasing a spirited little girl who refused to nap today.

I am weary in spirit over a variety of things.

I am sad that I am not pregnant, after being over a week late.

I am longing for...something. I don't know what. A baby snuggled sweet in my belly. My husband lying beside me in bed, putting his cold feet on mine. For Christmas to come already, so I can see everyone and see my sweet Lily's eyes light up.

Hence, the tears. Crying is a funny thing, huh? I used to cry often enough for a normal hormonal girl, but now I never seem to have the time.

I find myself on the verge of tears often, but I also find myself holding them back and telling myself to cry later, when it's more convenient. When I am alone. Or when I am in the shower so my mascara doesn't run. (I take serious pride in my eyelashes ya'll)

But I really think the power of tears is vastly underestimated. Gosh it feels good to cry sometimes, doesn't it? To just let go and have at it...go into the ugly cry, and really sob. To lose yourself in emotion, and stop repressing it. It is so freeing.

(I am aware any man reading this is totally confused right now. It's okay. You don't have to cry and like it. It's kinda a girl thing.)

I think I have a point here. Okay maybe not. But here I am, sitting at my computer. My face is still wet, my shirt still spattered with tears. And I feel good. I feel clean.

Okay, so there's no point to this post, other than to say I like to cry, and will be doing it more often. So If you pass me in the grocery store and I am getting misty over a melon, don't pay me any mind.

But if you have a tissue, could you share with me? I never have tissues.

Goodnight, friends.