Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years resolutions

Every year I make them:
1. Lose weight
2. Get fit
3. Be a size blahblah again

Every year, I don't lose weight. I will never be a size blahblah again.

But girl, this year I AM FIT.

I can go up three flights of stairs without puffing.

I can carrying my nearly two year old on my back for hours through the mall, the zoo, wherever.

I can bike ride for an hour without breaking a sweat.

My heart, lungs, and muscles are so much stronger than they have ever been. I am centered and balanced in my eating.

I am not skinny. I am not slim. But I am strong. (Thanks to Jody and Stroller Strides!)

So, it's time to make a new list.

1. Laugh way more
2. Not take myself so seriously.
3. Choose joy!
4. Be patient
5. Listen more, talk less
6. Pray more and with less agenda
7. Love my husband enough to be kind, even when I don't want to be.
8. Keep working on myself without beating myself up
9. Forgive, forgive, forgive. Then forgive again.
10. Continue to let God light the dark corners of my life.

And that's it. No more resolutions to change something that can't be changed. Just peace with myself, flaws and all.

What are YOUR resolutions? Leave me a comment friends!