Monday, March 15, 2010

Well, hello there...

Anybody miss me?

No?

Errrr okay. Awkward....

Anywho, I have bee on a sort of unplanned blog haitus. Which means, in truth, I have been held hostage by this little monkey:



But all in all he has been a humane captor. With the exception of taking me from this ( . )( . ) to this ( o ) ( o ). Which would be great if they also didn't nearly touch the floor. Sheesh.

Anywho, let's catch up. I had a baby about 2 months ago. Ummmm....and that's about it.

We are all adjusting much better. You want proof- get a load of my new header photo. And there's also this-



See?

I'd show you a current pic of me, but let's wait until the bags under my eyes and the spit up on my shirt is remedied shall we? Mmmmmkay.

Things are going well most days. We have our moments, but I can say that we are adjusting to life as a family of four. The hardest part for me is just the intense amount of preparation it takes just to get out of the house. Nurse, change diaper, put toddler on potty, pack diaper bag, nurse, put toddler on potty, change my shirt, make grocery list, nurse, burp, deal with a meltdown, etc. By the time we do all that, most days it's 11 AM, and I am too pissed off and tired to even actually leave.

But all of that pales and fades away when I look at my two babies. I am utterly in love with them. Totally head over heels.

And even more, I know I was born to this. I am a good mother. I am strong and kind and I love them and sacrifice for them. I am what I was born to be, in this very moment I am living God's plan for my life- to raise these two special creatures. It is a privledge and a joy and I am honored.

I think alot these days about how far I have come. How life can change and meld into something you could never have expected. How the eternal things ecome so much more important as the years go on. Family is everything, love is paramount. Everything else is just icing.

And love- well we have that in abundance around here these days. Love, grace, laughter, joy...all of these things surround us.

I wish you the same.