Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Google search: baby video monitors

*We are lounging on the couch, listening to the kids playing in their playroom upstairs. Mark is messing with his phone (aka the mistress), and I am doing random google searches on my laptop and pretending to be uber busy.

There is an ominus thud from upstairs....then, silence.


I look up at Mark.*

Babe?
Honey?
Babe?
Yo, Said!!!
MARK!

*At this he looks up, glassy eyed.*

Can you check on the kids? I'm really busy here.

(Google search: 12 step programs for Angry Birds addicts)

*He thinks for a minute.*

(Google search: What to do if smoke comes out of someone's ears.)

Lily?

Yessssss?

Is Sam okay?

Ummmmmmmmm...

(Google search: First Aid for bonehead moms and dads.)

*Mark keeps thinking.*

Lily?

Yessssss?

Is Sam bleeding?

(Google search: Applying a torniquet.)

No!

Okay, good.

*Thinking continues.*

(Google search: 10 signs your spouse is an evil mastermind.)

Lily?

Yesssss dada?

Is Sam sleeping?

Ummmmmm, no!

Good. Carry on.

Okay, dada.

*He tips his coffee cup to me with a grin and goes back to Angry Birds.*

I sigh.

(Google search: How not to be ashamed that your husband is smarter than you.)