Monday, May 16, 2011

I am a Christian

I am a Christian. I don't have all of the answers. I don't know why God creates us how he does. But this is what I believe.

Being gay is not wrong. It is not a choice. It is as deep in the DNA as eye color or hair color.

I don't think gays are sinning. I don't KNOW if they are. The only person's sins I know are my own.

God taught me to love. He loved me despite my sins. And I do the for my fellow man- whether they are gay or straight.

I think gay people should be allowed to marry.

I think gay people should have children.

I don't think gay people should be discriminated against, harassed, or hurt for who they love.

I believe with everything in my body that God loves us ALL. That He sees all and knows all and loves us despite it.

That He does NOT condemn anyone. And that I should follow His example.

Why am I writing this? Why am I risking offending many who read my blog and have different views?

Because I should.

Because too many claim to love God on one hand, and on the other condemn those He created.

And I hate being pigeonholed. I hate the fact that the word christian has come to be synonymous with "anti-gay".

That the God I love has been painted with such small strokes as to seem as if He can't accept and love everyone.

And that we as Christians cannot step up and follow His example.

IT IS NOT OUR JOB TO KNOW WHO IS SINNING. It is not our job to condemn.

It is our job to love, to give, to help.

It is our job to be His hands and feet on this earth.

NOTHING MORE.

And you can't get into the trenches and help those who need it if you are too busy pointing fingers at everyone you feel falls short, can you?

I am a Christian. And this is what I believe.


*You may have noticed I disabled comments on this post. I am not interested, even remotely, in hearing any dissenting opinions or having scripture thrown at me. This is what I believe, and I won't apologize or back down. Period.*