Monday, October 6, 2008

Today...

I joined weight watchers.

I can hear you saying- but Bella, you are so SKINNY. An absolute WAIF. A Kate Moss look-alike.

Okay, shut up. Quit laughing. It's my blog, and on it I am really skinny. Skinny and able to eat Ben and Jerry's without looking like I am carrying both Ben and Jerry in my jeans.

Ahem. I digress.

I joined with my friend Linda, whom, if you must know, I don't even think needs WW...but I'm not turning down a buddy to go with.

It was surreal. Walking into this room wearing my weight problem on my sleeve, so to speak. I usually try to hide it, you know? If I do talk about it, I make disparaging comments. Make fun of myself. It's painful. But here I was, entering this room with the sole purpose of being weighed and discussing this battle I have been fighting since I was...oh a fetus.

I hopped onto the scale and the kind man wrote my number down on my card. It was just what I expected really- the number. Not shocking. A good starting point.

So I sat through the meeting, got all the information. I thought I would be scared...but I'm actually excited to just be doing...something.

I've seen doc after doc. I've told them all...I don't eat too much. I exercise. Blah blah blah. It always comes down to this- your bloodwork is fine and you eat too much. Well, allrighty. Thanks doc...I'll go home and have some baby carrots. Maybe I'll go really crazy and have some celery too.

*sigh*

Anyway, here's hoping this works. It's my last shot, really. I can't do any more diets. I can't fit more activity into my life. I've been trying to lose weight seriously for the past 4 years. Nothing has worked. I gained 26 lbs when I was pregnant. I've lost all of that, but I have a vision in my head. I don't want to be skinny, cause I never will be. But I want to be fit and I want to be healthy.

So here's hoping this last venture into dieting works. Cause if not, it's a Dorito IV and a size XXL mumu for me.