Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday mornings...

Sundays used to be my favorite days, for a variety of reasons. I used to sleep in, used to wake up when I wanted, eat breakfast, and go back to bed and read. I used to lounge, and nap, and watch television.

My life these days has alot of used to's.

When I wake up these days, it is much earlier than I would like. Sometimes the sun isn't even up. Sometimes I want to roll over and just go back to sleep. But then I hear her little voice- "Maaaaamaaaaa where are youuuuuu?" and I am smiling and going to her.

And I see this face...oh this face. Sleepy, swollen with rest. Hair wild and crazy.



And she is mine. Some days it still seems like a dream. My baby girl, my child...my Lily. She is here, and real. I feel like I have known her forever, have prayed for her and thought of her since I knew I wanted to be a mother.

And here she is, everything I have ever wanted.

I remember thinking before she was born, of all the things I would never get to do after I had her. All the places I wouldn't see. The traveling I wouldn't do. The things I would miss out on.

Turns out I was wrong. I have never, for a second since I had her, felt like I was missing out on anything. Let the world go on, let beautiful places go unseen before my eyes.

This face here...this is my Egypt, my Figi, my Europe. It is everything, everything, I could ever wish to see. It is everywhere I want to be.



Nothing could be as beautiful or as breathtaking.

From the first moment I saw her face...


To just this morning, watching her cuddle with Brooklyn in our bed....



nothing on this earth could be as beautiful.

So let the world go on. Let the rain fall. Let each day come and go.

Everyday is Sunday with my baby girl.