Friday, April 17, 2009

10 reasons I know I have a toddler

1. By the end of the day, I have multiple stains on my clothing. Most of them I can't identify, some I don't want to.

2. The majority of things I say fall into two categories- "no, stop, be careful, uhoh, time out!!!" and "love you, you are my sweet girl, give me a kiss, thank you for the hug".

3. I can sing all of the theme songs to any show on Nick Jr.

4. I will sometimes fall asleep in the recliner like an old man. But most times I will wake up covered in stickers with a little girl giggling on my lap.

5. By the end of the day, I am exhausted. In that good, happy, and worn out way.

6. I ask God either for help in one breath, and praise him for my sweet girl in the next breath.

7. I look at pictures and know I have aged 10 years since Lily was born.

8. I find myself watching her and at all times trying to stay one step ahead of disaster.

9. Sometimes my heart is so full of love for her I want to cry, other times I want to set her on the curb.

10. I can hold her, fold laundry, make a phone call, kiss a boo boo and make a grocery list all at the same time.