Wednesday, February 11, 2009

From hair to maternity....

Have you ever had one of those days when ALL YOU DO is clean and pick up and do laundry and empty the dishwasher and cook and clean faces and let the dog out make the coffee get the baby some milk and lay her down for a nap and run and run and run?

No? Then you are obviously not a mom. I envy you. Enjoy it while it lasts, slacker. BWAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAA. Ahem.

Yesterday was just such a day for me. Add to it no sleep the night before because of a puking toddler and a touch of the flu myself, and you have a recipe for
exhaustion.

So here is where the funny part comes in. Cause you know me, I can make anything funny. Mark, stop shaking your head. I can. Whatever, just admit it, fool.

Anyway....

So last night I decide to dye my hair and also...errrrmmm... use a depillatory on my upper lip, just to get rid of some peach fuzz. Okay, it was to get rid of my hitler like mustache, but that's besides the point.

Anyway, I put the damn hair dye on, slap some depillatory on, and sit down to enjoy some tv.

45 minutes later I am still engrossed in "A Very Duggar Wedding" . I reach up to pull my hair into a ponytail and....yeah, you guessed it, get a handful of dye. I then rememer that I am only supposed to leave the depillatory in for 8 minutes. 8 MINUTES!!!! I ran like FloJo to the bathroom. I wiped away the goop to discover that not only had it not burned my skin, thank God, but that it didn't even fully WORK!!!

Ummmm WTH man? It's not like I'm sporting a Hulk Hogan here. I have a little bit of a hair issue. But apparently the depillatory is no match for the strength of my 'stach. I would be proud if it didn't make me feel a little masculine. *sigh*

So I proceeded to wash the dye off, etc. Everything was going well until I realized that because the dye had been on so long, my ears are now a lovely shade of burgundy. Pretty, I tell ya.

So, if you pass a mustached lady with brown ears on the street today, please be kind.

Thank you. :)