Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week one

One week of vegan living. Well not entirely...cause there was that chocolate fondue and shrimp, but almost entirely vegan living otherwise.

Here's a little recap.

Day One- Hmmmm this isn't so bad. I can do this.

Day Two- WTF are these people THINKING? I am hungry- HUNGRY!!!!

Day Three- I would kill somebody for the cheese under their fingernails or the meat in their teeth. I am SO NOT KIDDING.

Day Four- Wow. I am awake at 6:30. I have energy. I am not wanting to hit my husband just for breathing in my direction before I have had coffee. Interesting.

Day 5- Had some chocolate. It was good, but not as good as it used to be.

Day 6- Feeling my body give up fighting against this new food- 12 servings of veggies and fruits a day! 90 oz of water! Hummus and beans and almonds and strawberries!

Day 7- Realizing I havent had a headache or stomachache in 4 DAYS!

All in all, the first 3 days were hell. But I feel really really good now. I have no food cravings. I havent had a stomachache or headache in 4 days- something that I had every single day.

And, I am realizing there is, at least for me, a definite karmic reward for not eating meat. I feel that if I can subsist without taking another life to do so, that I should. It makes me feel better about myself and my choices. I don't expect anyone else to do it, or even to understand it...but my body is so peaceful with this change that it may be something I keep doing indefinitely.

So there you go. Of all the diests I have done, and I have done them ALL, this is the one that my body has settled into and not fought. I have lost 2 pounds, which is great. But the real benefit is feeling as if my body is running properly and feeling good.

So, vegan I will continue to be...at least for now. :)